Why You’ll Love It
- Family-style ristorante atmosphere
- Imported Italian whites and reds
- Fresh, homemade pastas and breads
There’s nothing in the world like a freshly prepared batch of homemade pasta. If you aren’t nodding your head in agreement right now, you’re probably long overdue for a visit to one of U Street’s best kept secrets for autentico Italian cuisine.
Run by a mother-daughter team, Al Crostino is the definition of ristorante famiglia. Hearty dishes—such as Ravioli di Vitello with its rich veal stuffing and sauce—balance fresh seafood and salads. And tying the whole meal together? An extensive list of imported Italian vino.
Each recipe is translated to zesty perfection by owner and chef Juliana Nicolai—you’ll know her as the white-aproned woman welcoming you inside with a smile. Because, from the moment you enter this charming trattoria to the last sip of wine, you’re just another member of the Al Crostini famiglia.
– Brian, Bloomspot Staff Writer
U Street Corridor
1324 U St NW
Washington, DC 20009
Between N 13th St & N 14th St
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
3.5 stars and 65 reviews on Yelp
“This place is FANTASTIC!!!! I’m a huge fan of this gem. My girlfriends and I usually go here for dinner every Sunday to catch up and I have never been disappointed with the food or service. ”
“As always, very very happy with my most recent meal at Al Crostino … We were all blown away by the amazing food Juliana cooks up in this “hidden gem” on U Street.”
“Overall, the food was excellent. The prices were great for the quality and neighborhood. I encourage everyone to check it out.”
“It’s not Italian as generic Americans know it, it’s pastas and sauces that need explanation or Google, and the most friendly ownership and service I have experienced since I moved to DC over a year ago.”
- Valid April 20–August 31, 2012.
- Limit two per person, one per table. May purchase multiples as gifts.
- Not valid holidays.
- Must redeem in one visit; no cash or credit back.
- Taxes and gratuity not included; please tip on full value.
- Cannot be used with other offers.
- Refunds allowed up to 24 hours after close of Bloomspot sale.