15 February 2012, Washington DC. Philippine Ambassador Jose L. Cuisia, Jr. is pleased to announce the search for 10 young Filipino Americans (aged 18 to 35), who are being tapped as future leaders of their respective Filipino-American communities and whose civic involvement and advocacy of important issues could contribute to the further development of the Philippines.
In partnership with the Ayala Foundation, the Philippine Embassy in Washington, D.C. and Consulates General in Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York and San Franscisco are hoping that the program will tap the leadership and talent of second generation Filipino American achievers, many of whom have an earnest desire to give back and contribute to the country’s further progress. read more…
Announcement: 2012 Presidential Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas
The Philippine Consulate General in New York is pleased to inform the public that it is now accepting nominations for the 2012 Presidential Awards for Filipino Individuals and Organizations Overseas.
- Filipino Community Association and Filipinos in Virginia (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- FilAmARTS (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- Tarsier “Post-modern Filipino American Cuisine” (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- The Fulbright Program with the Philippines is the world’s oldest continuous Fulbright program… (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- Call for Fil-Am performers to compete in April “Star Search,” leading to June parade on Phil-Am Friendship Day (theaterofoneworld.org)
- Filipino Beach Fest 2012 (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)
- Filipino Cultural Association (FCA) of GMU (filipinofestival.wordpress.com)