CHURCH AND STATE
Why You’ll Love It
- Handmade, premium cocktails
- Chic speakeasy vibe
- From the owner of Wisdom
Chrysanthemum honey liqueur and lavender bitters, vodka, basil, and Sriracha—these aren’t just drinks, they’re a religious experience. Slip into this slick speakeasy for the best cocktails in the district (and maybe the whole country, too).
Chat up the master gin-slinger—owner Erik Holzherr—over tastings of Bourbon, grapefruit, and bitters. Or learn the tricks of the trade yourself by hopping behind the bar for an unforgettable mixology date. This bootlegger’s paradise even has a hidden confessional—you’ll need it after sampling their deadly sin-themed drinks.
But shhh! Mum’s the word about DC’s best-kept cocktail secret.
– Suzi, Bloomspot Staff Writer
THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS: HOUSE SPECIALTIES
VANITY: MIRROR, MIRROR
Peak Spirits Organic Eau de Vie, Thatcher’s Organic Elderflower, Leopold’s Fernet, and pear puree
GREED: THE LITTLE APPLE
Old Overholt Rye, Thatcher’s Organic Spiced Apple, Great Shoals “Spencerville Red” Hard Apple Cider, and baked apple bitters
ENVY: THE COLONY
Blue Coat gin, maraschino liqueur, grenadine, and pink grapefruit
WRATH: THE ROOSTER
Crop organic tomato vodka, dry vermouth, orange liqueur, basil syrup, lime juice, Sriracha
LUST: THE LOMBARD
Shine moonshine, french press coffee liqueur, and cashew cream
GLUTTONY: THE COCKTAIL WITH BUBBLES
Sparkling wine, Fruit Lab organic jasmine liqueur, Fruit Lab organic hibiscus liqueur, and Swedish herb bitters
SLOTH: THE DEVIL CAME MARCHING IN
Devil’s Cut Bourbon infused with smoke, praline liqueur, and Bitterman’s Xocolatl mole
- Expires October 2, 2012.
- Must be 21 or older to attend. Valid photo ID required.
- Limit one of each offer per person. May purchase multiples as gifts.
- Limit one certificate per visit.
- Must redeem in one visit; no cash or credit back.
- Gratuity not included; please tip on full value.
- Cannot be used with other offers; not valid for happy hour specials.
- Refunds allowed up to 24 hours after close of Bloomspot sale.