In a Nutshell
Potomac River cruise passes historic monuments and beautiful blossoming cherry trees on 50-minute tour
The Fine Print
- Expires Jul 29, 2012
- Limit 4 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. 24hr cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price may apply. Must be 12 or younger for a child ticket. Not valid for happy hour cruises, wine tastings, fireworks, or private charters. Subject to weather conditions. Email reservations required. DC Harbor Cruises’ rules apply.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Cherry trees bloom in the spring with thousands of minuscule pink flowers, celebrating the end of the cold season and providing boutonnieres for lilliputian proms. Look dapper with this Groupon to DC Harbor Cruises. Choose between the following options: For $9, you get a ticket for one child to a cherry blossom springtime harbor cruise (an $18 value). For $15, you get a ticket for one adult to a cherry blossom springtime harbor cruise (a $30 value). Both options may be used through July 29, 2012.DC Harbor Cruises dazzle sightseers and locals alike with waterfront views of the capital’s monuments and historic sights. Guests relish seasonal beauty during the 50-minute cherry blossom springtime cruise as they drift under the blooming pink blossoms of DC’s batches of cherry trees, originally gifted to the city in 1912 by Tokyo’s mayor. The Patriot II high-speed catamaran carries up to 149 passengers across the Potomac River’s smooth waters and unexpected speed bumps, offering views of the majestic Lincoln and Washington memorials, the National Cathedral’s elegant towers, and the rolling hills of Arlington National Cemetery. Between stops, patrons can duck inside the boat to gather snacks and sustenance from two cash bars or draft a funnier version of the Constitution.
- 100th season ahead for DC’s cherry blossom trees (cbsnews.com)
- Cherry Blossum Time (fathomtaiwan.com)
- Cherry Blossoms on Valentine’s Day in Taichung (shimworld.wordpress.com)
- Cherry blossoms a rite of spring (cnn.com)
- Cherry Blossom Trees are Blooming (photolord.com)
- Score A Sweet Hotel Deal For D.C.’s Cherry Blossom Centennial (businessinsider.com)
- Spring in JAPAN begins with ‘Ohanami’ (blahblahbragship.wordpress.com)
- Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC! (news.getaroom.com)
- Cherry Blossom Weekend 2012 (tallclubmilwaukee.wordpress.com)
- The Cherry Blossoms are coming early this year (americablog.com)